Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Homage to Kodachrome - Dandy Point October 1985


Nikon FE2 Nikkor 50mm f1.4 Kodak Kodachrome 64 - I never shot a great deal of Kodachrome in my youth, it was slow, I was impatient, they two of us did not seem to have a lot in common. I was an avid Pre-E6 Agfachrome shooter, which had similar qualities and higher speed, but was never impressed with it once Agfa switch to an E6 Process film. After that I switched to Ektachrome, then Fujichrome, before moving on to shooting primarily negative films. I did shoot a few rolls of Kodachrome over the years and recently found this perfect example of the Kodachrome "Look." Shot is 1985, it could easily be 1965 or 1955, Kodachome's look was timeless. In hind sight I regret not using it more often and it is a shame it is no longer an option today. One of the sad casualty of the digital era.
Scanned with a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III using Silverfast 6.6.2r5 Software

No comments:

Post a Comment