Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hampton Hobby House Polaroid 665 Circa 1985

Polaroid Automatic 100 Polaroid 665 Positive/Negative Film - I was rummaging through my photo drawer and ran across this gem. Yes that is me circa 1985, manning the photo counter at the Hampton Hobby House in Hampton VA.. My first real job and the best job a budding photographer could ever have. I would kill to have access to half the photographic artifacts that were hidden in the drawers and boxes of that wonderful store. This was taken by my co-worker and partner in crime Alan Hilliard. We were playing with an outdated pack of Polaroid Type 665 Positive/Negative film. The print of this image was lost long ago, but I tucked away the washed negative in a plain envelope for safe keeping. Ah, the memories, some of the best days of my life. Polaroid recommended fixing the negatives with a sodium sulfite solution if I remember correctly, but we just washed them in water to remove the black backing. The negative held up pretty well over almost 30 years.

1 comment:

  1. I have a table with 12 drawers that had a sticker on side about film development at the Hampton hobby house. Would you know anything about this.

    ReplyDelete